I thought of this recipe on my drive home from work because I had a bunch of these ingredients in my fridge. They were in bulk because Costco and were about to meet the expiration date, so I needed to think fast. It tasted really good if I do say so myself. 😉 Plus, Breck confirmed that it was really good.
- 4 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese
- 4 tbsp. pesto
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1/4 cup of capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butterfly chicken breasts.
- In bowl mix up pesto, garlic, and capers.
- On inside of cut open chicken breasts spread cream cheese.
- Then put a large spoonful of pesto mix on top of cream cheese. Fold non pesto side of chicken over.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken.
- Cover bottom of casserole dish with olive oil.
- Place chicken breast in casserole dish.
- Squeeze lemon juice over all of the chicken.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Flip over chicken and cook for 15 more minutes or until cooked.
I served this on a bed of rice with balsamic spinach salad. Delicious!
Let me know if you try this recipe!