When I was little and would get scared and tell my mom her response was always, “You are safe, the blood of Jesus is covering you.” That was comforting to me and I would always make sure to tell the monsters under my bed that they couldn’t harm me because the blood of Jesus was covering me. As I have grown older my fears have morphed from monsters under my bed to fear of failure or a loved one dying but the truth remains the same that Jesus is covering me and the ones I love.
During this time of uncertainty you might be scared for yourself or the ones you love so I want to leave you with some scriptures today that you can use to tell your worries and fears about how big your God is and let me tell you… HE IS BIG!
It is comforting to me to know that God’s word is His living and breathing word because I know that whenever I open my Bible it means the perfect scripture is waiting just for me and it was sent by Him. Yesterday I opened my Bible to Psalm 78 where David is talking about how the Israelites did not trust God even after He parted the water for them, sent them food from Heaven, and killed their enemies. David multiple times says that God did these things to let them have peace and know that He was with them but they would soon turn back to their own ways of worry and trying to solve things on their own. He says at one point for us to learn from our ancestors and not be like them. So, let’s learn our lesson from the Israelites and trust God through every season… Even this one. Let’s share, check on others, focus on the good and not the fear, and trust that God wants the very best for each of us.
“Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands. They would not be like their ancestors—a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him…They spoke against God; they said, “Can God really spread a table in the wilderness? True, he struck the rock, and water gushed out, streams flowed abundantly, but can he also give us bread? Can he supply meat for his people?” Psalm 78:7-8;17-20
So for in your quarantine/quiet time read these scriptures and know that He is with you.
- “They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail. But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out. “Go, stand in the temple courts,” he said, “and tell the people all about this new life.” – Acts 5:18-20 – God can deliver you from whatever hardship you face.
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9
- “Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” – Matthew 28:20 – He is not with us only sometimes but ALL the time.
- “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” -Romans 8:38-39
- “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” -1 John 4:4
Remember that He loves us and perfect love casts out all fear. So, when your hand sanitizer runs out know that His love for you never will and that His love is greater than anything of this world.
Love others and be brave! He’s got you!